My pet has been hospitalised and is staying in the hospital overnight. What should I expect now?
We know this is a very stressful time for you and we want you to be reassured that your pet will be looked after around the clock by our dedicated day and night team.
- If any significant event happens during the night, a member of the night team will contact you as soon as possible to discuss your pet’s progress and any change required to the current plan that was previously agreed with the day team.
- Otherwise, you can expect a phone call from one of the Veterinary Surgeons or the Inpatient Nurse between 7am and 12pm. If you have not received a call by 12pm, feel free to call us on 0208 300 8111. Please avoid calling before that time as this would most likely lead to delays in updating you. The duty inpatient vet is making detailed plans for each patient and updating their owners as they go. Calling them during that time will not speed up the process. They will call you as soon as they can with your pet’s plan for the day. If they have any urgent concern regarding your pet, you will be contacted as a priority.
- An estimate will be provided to you by the vet with the expected costs for your pet for the next 24h as appropriate.
- Every morning we endeavour to send you a text message updating you on your outstanding bill. Please note this is just the total amount to that point. It is likely the rest of the charges for the day are not yet added by the time of this text. Please note that as this is an outstanding amount, it is on top of any deposit already paid.
- We take daily interim payments for each hospitalised patient. Therefore, one of our Accounts team members will also call you to clear your outstanding balance daily.
We hope that this gives you some degree of clarity and reassurance. Please rest assured that your pet’s welfare is the utmost priority for all members of our team, and we will endeavour to make their stay as stress-free and home-like as we can.
The Parkvets Management Team